BC RACING FRONT & REAR COIL
The BR model is perfect for street driving and occasional road course duty. With easily accessible adjustment knobs for fine tuning your compression/rebound and separately adjustable ride height, having a performance coilover system couldn’t be any easier. You choose how low or high you want your vehicle, no preset ride height here, and our patented concave lower locking ring keeps it locked in. All the systems come with pillowball mounts to provide the most feedback possible from your suspension and to sharpen your steering response. BC’s available front and rear camber plates also allow you to get the perfect alignment setup without compromise. All this while providing a strong, attractive looking coilover system.
* Mono-tube shock design
* 30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
* Separate full length height adjustable
* One year warranty
* Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force.
* Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control.
* Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating.
* Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 tires with less than 5% deformation.
* T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight.
* Iron lower brackets on MacPherson struts to ensure rigidity.
* Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking.
* High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life.
* 2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion.
* Newly developed lubricant oil in shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation.
Posted by Joel Larson on 17th Aug 2016
I'm so glad I purchased this kit. AWESOME. Everyone who gets in the GTO comments on how smooth it rides. And then they're surprised how flat the car stays in turns. I took the car on some hair pin country roads and I was confident the entire time. For a daily performance driver this is your coilover.
Posted by Eric D. on 27th May 2016
Basicly what everyone else says. But I would recommend getting the poly strut tops. Not only are they better but with those you do not need to take the OEM struts apart. GREAT customer service working with Andy. I will be buying from him again shortly.
Posted by khaleel canty on 16th Apr 2016
Just what I was looking for I miss that smooth and tight ride it feels new again thanks "BC" for never letting the customers down
Posted by Mike Johnson on 7th Apr 2016
Going from a stock suspension to these coilovers was a night and day difference. I will say that the ride is much more rough than stock, but this should be expected. Installation was extremely easy and can be done in 1 day. This was everything I expected from coilovers. If you are looking to improve anything on your gto, look no further! The customer support is second to none. Thank you Chris
Posted by CJ on 7th Feb 2016
Just finished the installation of the BC Racing coilovers and the difference is amazing. My 05 GTO had over 80,000 miles on sponge cake, stock suspension. Andy helped me throw together a package including the front and rear radius rod bushings. The price was right and the results are astounding. The ride is firm, planted, and very predictable. Body roll is eliminated (thank God for bucket seats) and the radius rod bushings really helped to firm up the braking as well. The installation was fairly easy, took me about 6 hours for the coilovers and 2 for the bushings. Cheapest, fastest, best upgrade for your Goat.
Posted by Schultz on 27th Jan 2016
I know that is a bold statement, but this is hands down the best upgrade you can put on your GTO. The factory suspension is garbage and you will most likely NEED to replace yours by 40-50k miles. This was the first product I've ordered through Kollar and most certainly not the last. He is very knowledgeable about what our GTOs need and will give you detailed advice on what package you should install and why. The customer service here is the best I've experienced (responds to emails 7 days a week within the hour) and the turn around time is very quick.
As far as this package goes, it tightened up the car in turns significantly. At this point, with the stock sway bars, it handles similarly to an M3. Body roll is very minimal now and very controllable through corners. You can pull a controlled drift through a corner at 35 mph now and not have to worry about snap oversteer, however, I think the car would benefit from upgraded sway bars as well. I have the adjusters on mine set to 10 clicks from full hard in the front, 8 clicks from full hard in the rear. The ride is firm, but not near as firm as a full hard adjusted KW setup. Basically, you don't have to worry about rattling your teeth out, but it is still firm enough for an auto x, or a weekend at the track.